I have two more recipes for you guys! One is a raw recipe that uses my newest addiction...raw coconut meat.
Oh yes. Although it is always a bit of a chore to crack into a coconut - literally, i usually just put mine in a plastic bag and smash it against the ground - it is well worth it!
|the fresher the better! it's juicier and creamier|
Sun-dried Tomato "Tapenade"
i have despised the flavor of calamata olives for as long as i can remember. this is a raw recipe that has a similar texture to normal tapenade. It is awesome on anything really, salads, grains, tempeh, just yum.
Ingredients (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 12 Sun-dried Tomatoes in oil
- 1/2 c Mixed Brazil and Cashew nuts
- 1/2 c Coconut Meat
- 1/4 c Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 2 large sprigs of Rosemary
- Mix nuts, seeds, and coconut meat in a food processor, and blend until well chopped
- Add rosemary and sun-dried tomatoes and blend until everything is finely chopped, nearly ground
I also had a hankering for raw cookies, so i made these cookies as a meal basically! i ate them all!
at least they were raw huh?
i've found i am not really a fan of raw cookie dough. not unbaked cookie dough, but the raw versions. i enjoyed these little cookies though, but they were nothing compared to these other cookies i have made a DOZENS of times.
and i have adapted it so much, and also made it gluten free, so that i can now post this recipe as my own! enjoy :)
(note, the cookies were for someone, and i had to ship them out and forgot to get pictures...i will soon though!)
Hodge Podge Cookies
these are probably my favorite cookies to make, and eat. i'm in love with them, and they just feel like a yummy hodge podge of stuff
Ingredients (24 cookies)
- 1 c Brown Rice Flour
- 1 c Vegan Chocolate Chips
- 1 c Macadamia Nuts, chopped and toasted
- 3/4 c Rolled Oats
- 1/2 c Garbanzo Bean Flour
- 1/2 c Almond Flour
- 1/2 c Shredded Coconut, toasted
- 1 t Guar Gum (or Xanthan gum)
- 3/4 c Baking Soda
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1/8 t Cinnamon
- 2/3 c Maple Syrup
- 2/3 c Safflower Oil
- 3 T Water
- 1 t Peppermint Extract
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Chop up macadamia nuts and lay out on a baking sheet, and allow to toast in oven for about 10 minutes, shaking nuts around halfway through.
- Once mac nuts are toasted, place them somewhere to cool completely, and toast the shredded coconut next, only about 5 minutes.
- While the nuts and coconut are toasting, mix all the remaining dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Once coconut and nuts are COMPLETELY cooled, add them to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, then add in the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Allow dough to refrigerate for 15 minutes, then scoop dough onto lightly greased baking sheet and flatten.
- Bake until golden brown approximately 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
i think i am going to make another batch...and cheat on my raw diet a little on my day off of work :) we'll see.
enjoy the recipes! have a good one